Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm so glad I have passed the stage where I embarrass easily! While I can do far more with my affected hand than anyone expected there are still times I need help. I bought a pack of tortillas in a zip lock bag and could NT get the damm thing opened!! I was so frustrated I started knocking on neighbors doors to ask for help and a 10 year old came to my rescue.I think he thought I was crazy.
,but he got the bag open! Then last night I tried to open a box of cream cheese-it totally defeated me and is now back in the box in a disgraceful condition! my pharmacy continues to send my pills in child proof bottles and I have resorted to sawing them open with a serrated knife because you can't break them open with a hammer. Iknow because I tried! And yes I have requested non=child proof bottles. I wasn't surprized when I couldn"t. I di elight in finding ways to do things one handed like stepping into my bra and pulling it up from the bottem-it is funny looking but it works. scotch tape is my best friend when i need to hands for some things and I use my left elbow to hold things down. It works well for some things. At least I can laugh at myself and thats good. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment