Friday, October 9, 2009

Many of my family and friends know that I've been a hospice patient since my birthday last year. I"m a home care patient now which means my adorable.loving team comes 3 times a week. my aide TIna comrs three times a week.
,and does whatever needs doin from helping me shower to vacuming and taking out the trash. She is cheerful, energetic, loving and kind as is everyone associated with Hospice. My nurse Darcie fills up my pill box so Itake the right thing at the right time and checks me out every week. Because of having a year Long record of my blood pressure Which was always normal to low the Dr. feels my stroke was due to the small arteries in the back of my heart that are too small to be stented.zMy social worker Meg comes every week to listen to my woes and navigate the confusing world of medicare and on top of that she went out into the miserable,col wet weather yesterday to buy me coffee so I would have some this a.m! Above and beyond the call of ddity. If any of you have a friend or relative who is chronically and terminally ill(I qualify due to my heart condition and COPD)look into your local hospice for help and if you want to support a cause Hospice of MetroDdenver is a great one. The newest thing they are doing for me is looking for a volunteer to visit me to relieve my isolation!! ??"They are putting together a cookbook for sale and I will let you know when it comes out










[0

No comments:

Post a Comment